Monday, November 26, 2007

The Mental Jukebox-- Monday 11.26.7

Not only was it a Monday, but it was indeed a rainy day. Amazingly enough, I only just now made that connection. No Carpenters on the list today, but a bunch of other stuff. It's a new week! Let the weirdness begin.

Carolina In My Mind-- James Taylor

The first song of the day always confuses me. It's like whacking an old TV on the side until the picture comes in clearly. That first song is the mental jukebox equivalent of static.

Southern California-- Wax
San Ber'dino-- Frank Zappa
Like to Get to Know You-- Spanky and our Gang
Jerkin' Back and Forth-- Devo
Fairytale of New York-- STARS


Again with the STARS cover? This must be my head's way of coercing me into the holiday spirit. Come on. I put a few lights up out by the driveway. What else do you want from me? Ho, ho, ho.

Hold On-- Yes
Deeper and Deeper-- The Fixx
My Cheri Amour-- Stevie Wonder
Black Velvet-- Alannah Myles


As I said when I started this mess, you don't have to like a song for it to play in the mental jukebox.

No Time-- Guess Who
If Ever I See You Again-- Roberta Flack
Existential Blues Pt. 2-- Tom "T-Bone" Stankus
Disenchanted-- Gary Morris
Talk About the Passion-- R.E.M.
Bittersweet Me-- R.E.M.


Those two R.E.M. songs there? Same friggin' song. Guarantee it. You can combine them into one ten minute long song and never realize you've done it. I know this because I did. Today. Over and over for about an hour. Easy in, easy out. I'm tired and naked.

Bring The Boys Back Home-- Pink Floyd

I saw ten seconds of Fox News in the break room. That's what happens.

You Better Run-- Pat Benatar
Yeah, Right-- Dinosaur Jr.
Rehab-- Amy Winehouse


It was so hard to choose a video for today's post, but I used to have nightmares about Randy Bachman.


No comments: