Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Mental Jukebox-- Wednesday 11.21.7

By the time you read this, it will be Thanksgiving. I hope you're enjoying yours. Maybe your head is filled with sounds of the season, music of the holidays! Or maybe it's filled with yams. Either answer is acceptable.

All the Gold in California-- Larry Gatlin and the Gatlin Brothers

Why was this the song I woke up to? Was I having a Members Only dream? I was so scared this morning when that was playing on the MJ.

O! Valencia-- The Decemberists
99 Problems-- Jay-Z
Clocks-- Smashing Pumpkins
Fireworks-- Animal Collective


Almost as much fun to yodel as "Hocus Pocus."
Almost.

Hangar 18-- Megadeth
God Shuffled His Feet-- Crash Test Dummies
Moneymaker-- Rilo Kiley


Every indie guy I know is in love with Jenny Watson. I don't see the appeal. Amy Winehouse? Now that's the girl for me.
Yikes.

American Heavy Metal Weekend-- Circle Jerks

Simultaneously a slap at hair metal of the '80's and The Who's "Sister Disco." Good stuff. Harsh and biting. It's by the Circle Jerks; what, it's gonna be cute?


Hey, this week I've got a guest lister! He is my kid, The Boy! Here's what went through The Boy's mind today. Songwise, that is.

Hangar 18-- Megadeth
One-- Metallica
The Trooper-- Iron Maiden
Once In A Lifetime-- Dragonforce
Bulls On Parade-- Rage Against the Machine
Chop Suey!-- System Of A Down
Holiday In Cambodia-- Dead Kennedys
AEnima-- Tool


You can tell he's mine, all right. And here's the video for the song that showed up in both of our lists. Cue Art Bell... and the girl with the Aqua Net!

No comments: