Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Monday-- 11.12.07

One of the overriding patterns I'm seeing in the Mental Jukebox is the appearance of at least one song that comes totally out of left field. A song I haven't heard of in years... hell, it may not even be a song I like. But there it is, playing in my brain, like the rantings of a long-avoided maniac.

Wherever possible, I will try to find a video of that one song and post it after each of my lists from here on out.

Here is what the Mental Jukebox had in store for me this past Monday.

Your Favorite Thing-- Sugar
When You Were Young-- Killers
Geek USA-- Smashing Pumpkins
Long Distance Runaround-- Yes
You're All I've Got Tonight-- Cars
Please Come to Boston-- Dave Loggins
Police Truck-- Dead Kennedys
F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X.-- The Fall of Troy
I Want Action-- Poison


I spent a majority of the previous weekend playing "Guitar Hero III" with my son and this list clearly shows that odd influence. That Fall of Troy song is tons of fun to play, but I would never have heard it had not been for that game and The Boy consenting to play co-op mode with me. I play a mean fake bass, kids.
That explains the DK song (which is on the first "Guitar Hero" game) and the Killers song, also.
The rest of the list is up to interpretation.

In the meantime, here's a video of the record of the song that I think is the strangest one in my list. No, really. It's a video of the record of the song.

1 comment:

SamZzz said...

Wow. I mean.. wow. That really IS a video of a record. Sad, yet it possesses a strange hypnotic effect that is somewhat soothing. I tried spinning my ipod once, almost dropped it.