Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Mental Jukebox-- Tuesday 12.11.7

Still haven't been able to go back home since the fire and blogging seems to help take my mind off that. So here is the first post-house fire edition of The Mental Jukebox.

And, looking back over that, apparently one of the things I lost in the fire was the ability to write a decent lead. Are you still here? Even after that?

Masochist.

Right then. On we go.

FSOTD Honours go to...

Jane-- Jefferson Starship
She's playing a game. She's playing a game. She's playing a game. She's playing a gaaaaaaame. Ooof.

Hot Kiss-- Juliette and the Licks
Okay. WUTK played that song this morning. However, I had been thinking of the video before the song came on. Before I was in the truck. Earlier in the day. When I was showering. Juliette Lewis. Crazy. Hot. Crazy hot.

Do Ya Think I'm Sexy-- Revolting Cocks
Don't Believe the Hype-- Public Enemy
Kickapoo-- Tenacious D
Cut Your Hair-- Pavement
On A Plain-- Nirvana


That Nirvana song was in my head for a good hour and a half. Just the last fading bits of the chorus. The "ooh-ooh" started to echo after a while.

Heartbreaker-- Led Zeppelin
And not "Livin' Lovin' Maid." They are not the same song. Check your album listing for further details, thank you very much.

And now, today's disco mystery... the line is, "...but I never get the chance/cuz all I do is dance/my mama says my brains are in my feet."
That explains the migraines, but doesn't tell me what the song is or who it is by. I have the distinct feeling the band is Chic, but I cannot verify that. Anyone want to do a brother a solid and name that tune?

Phantom Limb-- The Shins
You ever listen to the Shins? It'll change your life.

Tick Tick Boom-- The Hives
You ever listen to the Hives? It'll make you wish you were listening to the Shins.

Hell's Shovel-- Cutthroat Shamrock
Local boys do wonderful things with beer and a stand-up bass. The closest thing KnoxVegas will get to a Flogging Molly appearance.

Jesus Chrysler Drives A Dodge-- Screaming Blue Messiahs
Freedom Rock-- Frank Black



You have no idea how badly I wanted to post that Screaming Blue Messiahs video, but I could not find one. And I couldn't post the Juliette and the Licks video because I'm feeling all possessive and stalkeriffic.
So here's Al Jourgenson, Chris Connelly and some zombie strippers.
Kick ass.

2 comments:

SamZzz said...

The name of the song is "My Feet Keep Dancing". And you are correct, the band is Chic. Lyrics can be found here.... http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/chic/9053269/lyrics.jhtml
Google, Baby! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my. That was disturbing. Kick ass is right!